After purchasing a siphon, it is necessary to verify its completeness, regardless of whether all parts are available. Plastic models are sold in soft packaging, so some items may be scratched or deformed during transport. There should be no damage or burrs on the wires.
In addition to the siphon for installation it will be necessary:
- Silicone sealant or gasket;
- insulating tape;
- small flat screwdriver.
Before installing the siphon on the sink in the bathroom or in the kitchen, it is necessary to disassemble the old device:
- Put a bucket under the sink.
- Broken siphon to be removed along with the sewer.
- If the obsolete coupling is not suitable for further use, it must be replaced.
- Remove dirt from the socket and drain. Connect the sewer pipe with a rag and a bag.
When replacing old iron communications, firmly cemented into the cement, there may be some difficulties. The cast iron will have to be removed from the cement, but this must be done very carefully so that the debris does not fall into the pipe. Otherwise, the pipeline will get dirty regularly. The chips caught in the tube must be removed with pliers.
How to install a siphon for the sink. Step by step
If the siphon was sold assembled, then it should be disassembled and checked how well all the details were fixed and tightened.
Council. Kitchen siphons must be fitted by hand to avoid damaging the product and controlling the clamping force.
- Mount the rubber stopper on the cast iron pipe. Bring the plastic sewer hose to the required level (up to 40 cm from the floor) and install a special adapter on it.
- Manually connect the pipe under the sink and the main part of the siphon.
- With your free hand, insert the net with the gasket and screw into the drain hole, make a screw and press completely.
- Insert the corrugated tube into the drain socket and remove the wing nut.
- Install a corrugated pipe in the sewer pipe.
- In some instructions, it is recommended to connect additional equipment at this stage. However, it is desirable first to connect the siphon to the sewer system and conduct its inspection. At this point, it further touches the caps supplied with the siphon.
- After the check, connect additional equipment. Secure the dishwasher and drain the pipes with hose clamps.
Council. It is important to make sure that the drain hose that extends from the siphon does not twist around and bends. Water should flow freely.